The Bright Sparks Re-use Project is run by DigiBridge CIC a not for profit social enterprise with charitable objective to minimise waste, promote re-use and create rewarding jobs and volunteering opportunities for local people within the areas we operate. Bright Sparks receives donated unwanted household items, prepares them as required, then sell these items on at a discounted price to the general public and at discounted prices to families on low income. We achieve this through partnerships with local authorities.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic Back Office Assistant to help the Project Manager with all the day to day admin duties across the project. You will possess keen administrative, customer service, and organisational skills, have the ability to work well under pressure and have good IT skills. The successful applicant will become part of an energised team delivering outstanding service to the local communities.
POST: Back Office Assistant (Warehouse)
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent / Full Time
SALARY: £21,500 – £23,500 per annum
RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Manager
LOCATION: Finsbury Park, London, N7
CLOSING DATE: 29th June 2018 (Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.)
APPLICATION: Please send your current C.V with covering letter (no more than one side of A4) outlining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NOT BE CONTACTED IF YOUR APPLICATION IS UNSUCCESSFUL.
BASIC OBJECTIVES OF POST:
To ensure the back-office duties are carried out in an efficient and timely manner for a smooth running of the project.
To provide a back office service for the Bright Sparks Project, taking bookings for collections, producing dispatch and collection sheets. Recording all items collected via our in-house database system. Producing invoices, providing monthly performance stats and generally to work under the instruction and direction of the Project Manager.
To develop an awareness of all relevant policies and procedures that applies to the project and the needs of our customers (especially those who may be disadvantaged and vulnerable) and to assist the Community Engagement Officer in promoting the project.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and to maintain data systems as required.
- Respond to requests for collections within the agreed time frame via phone and/or email.
- Produce collection and despatch sheets for the drivers.
- Record all donated items brought into the warehouse onto the in-house database system.
- Carry out general office admin duties, including filing, mail-outs, photocopying/scanning, ordering stationery etc..
- Minute taking in meetings.
- Basic bookkeeping (processing of invoices and expenses – training to be provided).
- Complete daily/weekly warehouse performance sheet.
- Produce quarterly performance reports.
- Weekly stock taking.
- Accepting goods/stock delivered to the warehouse.
- Communicate information effectively to the warehouse team to ensure that staff are informed and up to date with any relevant information.
- To work as part of a team with the Project Manager and other staff/volunteers to ensure that quality services are delivered to all customers/stakeholders; that deliveries are completed as planned; that failed or missed deliveries are recorded and highlighted so that they are followed up.
- To implement the project’s policies and procedures and apply those in your day to day work.
- Assist with promoting the project and helping with advertising campaigns.
- Perform duties in a flexible, helpful, pro-active and positive manner and contribute towards the general development of the team and service.
- To uphold and further the projects equal opportunities policies and to deliver effective and appropriate services fairly and without discrimination.
- To be part of a team who work together providing a clean safe environment for members of the staff, volunteers and the public.
- As directed, undertake training as required in order to carry out duties of the post in an informed, efficient and effective manner.
- Undertake all other reasonable duties associated with the post.
SUPPORT and TRAINING:
- 1-day Induction.
- Fire Marshal, First Aid training provided.
- On-the-job training and support from the Project Manager as required.
- From time to time you will be asked to attend training to update skills or to comply with policy changes.
Experience, Skills and qualities:
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Highly organised individual and effective planning and time manager.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Ability to efficiently communicate both verbally and in written form.
- High energy and passionate to perform well with a responsible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Organised and willing to be adaptable.
- IT literate with strong skills in Word, Excel and Google Chrome browser.
- Health & Safety qualifications would be advantageous but not essential.
- Willingness to promote the project in a positive way at all times to customers and the public.