Taking it to the next level
We are pleased to announce that there is now a fully funded accredited training programme available to eligible candidates at the Bright Sparks electrical re-use and repair project in Islington. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into accredited training and work experience in a busy social enterprise environment with the aim providing the skills and experience you’ll need to succeed in employment.
From September 2012, Bright Sparks will be working in partnership with an accredited training provider to provide a package of training courses for learners in conjunction with meaningful vocational experience, adding value to the classes and ensuring that the learner leaves with the skills, practical experience and confidence to go on to further education or paid work.
The accreditations available are:
- Customer Service NVQ Level 2
- Retail Skills NVQ Level 2
- Warehousing and Storage NVQ Level 2
- Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 1
Do you meet the following criteria?
- 16+ years old
- UK/EU citizen
- Non UK/EU residents must have been resident in the UK/EU for at least 3 years and no condition of stay
- Must not have the same level (or above) qualification/s to the one to be taken.
- For those unemployed, they must be on active benefit and must have JCP letter to prove this
- For those who are employed, the employer form must be completed listing the names of the employees to be trained.
- Must not be doing another funded qualification
If you meet ALL the criteria, please complete the form indicating which training course you would be interested in.
If you don’t meet the criteria but are still interested in gaining valuable work experience, please see the Volunteer Opportunities page.